Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mold-Free Claywork!

People always ask me why I don't just use molds to make my life easier -- and my answer is simple: if I did, then I didn't really make my work; my mold would have done it for me! I'm one of those people that simply doesn't care to take the easy way out most of the times. You could say I'm old-school or something like that. But I honestly think, what fun are you having if you are just pushing clay into a shape and taking it out again? You don't feel the clay form with your hands or in your hands. You aren't exactly putting a whole lot of heart and soul into every detail. It's far too easy.

It all stemmed back to my days with Play-Doh... People around me were always using cookie cutters or the pasta machine or something, and I thought, well, it makes a pretty nice consistent shape, but I, too, can make a consistent shape if I tried.

So my biscuits are consistently biscuits. My ice creams are consistently nearly the same ice cream shape with a natural variation of textures. My cakes are consistently cakes. And it is all because I care about the wearer and the product itself. I wouldn't let you wear it if it was some cheaply made item that I honestly didn't care enough about. And if I won't wear it, I won't sell it. It's the honest goodness, the cheat-free method that makes a difference in my work.

And I hope that you feel that way, too...

Because I only accept the best of the best for both me and for you. :]

I really want to thank you all for your support as I find my way into this business. You guys are truly the best! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment