Wednesday, June 27, 2012

1 year later?!

Hey, everyone!

So it has been almost a whole year since I've last updated my blog. ALMOST A WHOLE YEAR. Where has time gone? I'll admit, I was suffering a little bit from PTSD from that hospital trip over a year ago. In the mean time, I have been working on new products, always looking to improve my designs. I don't have a whole lot to talk about since my thoughts are all jumbled up, but I suppose I can provide a few pictures of what I have been working on. Visuals always help. (n___n")

I have been participating in Fullerton's Farmers Market every Thursday since it opened up in May, I think.

Every week, I go and set out my things, hoping someone will take them home. Since this photo was taken, I have added a considerable amount of new items. I am also selling the bear face shirt for men and women. Every day, I try to find things to improve my display. I am hoping to eventually move to Frank and Sons.

While duct tape bows are growing in popularity, I decided to put my own spin on them.

Most of the time, I've seen duct tape bows just folded and scrunched up in some mish-mosh, and sometimes I see small shops consigning them for $7! Imagine paying the amount you'd pay for 2 rolls of tape for a scrunched up piece of tape! Blasphemy! So I've decided to make the bows look like my butterfly-folded obi when I wear yukatas in the summer. It's kind of a cute, merry spin on the duct tape bow scene, and I only sell these for $3 a piece.

I have also been working on sewing up some cute fabric bows. Most of these will sell for $5-$7 each.

Bows have always been a big part of my life since I was a kid. I especially love a pronounced, slightly over-sized bow in people's hair. Some bows that I've seen retail for so much -- I guess that's the price you pay for beauty. I have always been budget-conscious [I grew up broke in a family that struggled for money, which led me to learn to make my own clothing and accessories], and I am also budget-conscious for YOU, the consumer. I don't put any less love into these... in fact, I want you to have them for these prices. The patterns and prints come and go like fashion does, but in essence, the bow is such a timeless piece.

I have also recently [FINALLY] had time after my schooling has ended [I took a class to help me get paid more at work], and I have developed some cutesy sweet bows. These ones were inspired by the things many Sweet Lolitas wear. They're fluffy and made of terry cloth, aka TOWEL!!! <3

I have also very much loved dolly-kei and mori-girl looks. This one could also work for vintage, Victorian-inspired, Bohemian-like looks. I am trying to diversify the products I make... I don't want to just cater to super sweet Lolita-like looks... I am all about J-fashion, no matter what it is.

Come to think of it, perhaps I shouldn't market myself as simply kawaii-inspired, and maybe I should market myself as being part of a J-fashion scene. I don't know. (^_^;;) Meep?

I have also worked on making affordable Gothic-inspired fashions.

Back when I was in high school [OMG early 2000s], I used to dress very darkly... A part of me still loves it and appreciates delicate, not-too-over-the-top Goth fashions. [This one here is $4, btw.]

I have still been working on clay creations. However, it sort of seems like I am at a stand-still with those due to working on a variety of hair goods. I am slowly but surely designing new decoden-inspired and goth-inspired earrings, as well as a variety of rose earrings [they're so popular that I sell out every week].

As far as my personal life goes, which I rarely talk about with anyone, my love life has been interesting to say the least, and I have made a ton of lolita friends in the last 3 weeks alone. At the same time, I have just found out that I was gluten-intolerant, which was causing me to swell and get 20lbs heavier. Sad. One of my friends just went through the same thing a year ago, and now she looks so thin and happy. I was wondering why, if I exercised frequently, I would gain 20lbs instead of lose it. Now I know.

If you compare this photo with my recent ones [all above ^^^], you can see how my puffiness went down quite significantly. It's so crazy what 3 weeks of going gluten-free can do to you. And my theory is that, perhaps all my life, I had been gluten-intolerant and that was why I was always the "fat sister." [That alone is another story... might sounds like I have self-esteem issues up the wazoo if I ever told anyone.] I can't believe what a difference my diet made, especially in just my face. I have lost about 4 inches off my waist, and a couple pounds... However, I had something with gluten in it on Tuesday [I didn't know! :[ noooooo...], and I re-puffed up. It felt like 3 weeks down the drain. So I am continuing acupuncture treatment to help me deflate, and I am resuming a very careful nit-picky diet. It has been a tough journey, but I am getting better everyday, I think.

This entry was sure a handful! I will update you all soon. Lots of love~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment